Thursday, December 25, 2014

Updates to the blog

     Merry Christmas, everyone, and a Happy New Year coming up here as well. 

     There are a few updates and changes I'm making to the blog this Christmas - no, I'm not setting myself a schedule for getting new reviews up or anything crazy like that. But I am going to try to make it easier to find books on this blog by adding labels to each post. Labels like "teen" or "adventure" or "fiction" or "knights". Anything that might help you find the reviews of the books that you might be interested in. Hopefully this will make my blog easier to use to find new books to read.

     For instance, if you've got a 11-year-old boy who is interested in historical fiction stories about sailors and goats, you can browse through my reviews under the categories "8-12", "historical fiction", etc. You might find something that fits. Alternatively, you might find out that I have never read a book like that, and, in fact, had no idea anyone had ever written such a book. And if you're a teen girl who likes science-fiction romances, there should be categories for that sort of thing as well - if not now, than eventually.

     The other change I'm making is the addition of author websites to each review whenever possible. I like browsing through author websites - you can find extra material, another opinion about the book, and other books by that same author if you're interested in more. So go back through the archives and look at your favorite books that I've reviewed to find the author websites.

     Hopefully these changes will make the blog more useful to you. My plan all along with Under Cover Agents has been to make it a place to find new books to read. I know you can look through online bookstores and read reviews, but its my hope that through reading my reviews you'll understand my opinion of the book, coming from my reading history. And maybe that's better than reading a dozen reviews posted by complete strangers. So I'm making these changes with the idea of making my blog easier for my readers to use in this way. Please enjoy, and let me know if you do find my blog useful to you. Thanks!

     Merry Christmas, everyone, and happy reading!

1 comment:

  1. I like the new background and stylizing. :) Great job Sis!

    ReplyDelete